No matter how light or heavy anyone takes the pandemic that is COVID-19, there is no denying it has wreaked havoc on our economy, way of life, and future. People are being affected worldwide as a spirit of fear takes hold of their hearts. People at risk are dying and some of them may have no relationship with Jesus Christ. The Bible says the world is passing away so this is not a surprise to us. The Bible is also clear that things are not going to get better but increasingly worse as we near the second coming of Christ. As believers, we have nothing to fear and we will witness the Kingdom of God prevail in the midst of and through suffering and sickness. Join us in pursuing God now more than ever and see His will be done as we shine the light of Christ to the world!
Under the guidelines of government officials, Foundation Church will cautiously begin in-person services on May 31, 2020.
While we cannot guarantee a 100% germ-free environment, we are taking additional steps to help prevent transmission of Covid-19. These steps include:
- Half of our chairs have been removed and rows in the sanctuary are spaced 6 feet apart to encourage social distancing. (Our average attendance is already under 50% capacity so we have plenty of space to spread out. Please continue to practice social distancing in respective rows according to your households)
- Extra Hand Sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the building.
- Upgraded disinfecting procedures are in place before and after church services.
- There is a separate entrance for children’s ministries. Parents must use southeast entrance to drop off their children and exit using the same entrance. Please follow signs upon entrance. Social distancing has been integrated into all of our children’s programming. (Parents may also keep children with them in sanctuary if desired)
- Our front staffed nursery will be closed until further notice. The back nursery will have limited availability for parents who need to be with their children (2 and under) during service. The service will be streaming into that room as well. Toys will be strictly limited and books have been removed. (All toys are sanitized before and after service)
- Our main worship service will be from 10-11 AM in person and live streaming simultaneously.
- Communion will be pre-packaged and placed in seats prior to service.
- Offering receptacles will be located in the back of sanctuary, forgoing passing plates. (You may also give online or text-to-give using 84321)
- Pre-Service prayer and Sunday School for pre-K through teens will also resume with integrated social distancing measures in place.
- Face masks will be available upon request.
If you are sick, have a fever, present any signs of cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, or if you have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please stay home.
Please continue to practice social distancing guidelines and refrain from handshakes and hugging as when this crisis first began.
We care about your health and safety! If you are in a high-risk group or are uncomfortable attending in-person gatherings, we encourage you to continue attending ONLINE (Facebook or YouTube) during this first phase of regathering.
We trust our precious church body to operate in wisdom and faith as we start to come together in person again!
Pastor Nicholas and Megan Hanges